Fall Soccer Season Is Here In Montgomery County!
County Executive @Marc_Elrichhas issued an updated executive order related to the #COVID19 health crisis. The order recategorizes soccer to a medium-risk sport, & permits museums, art galleries & bowling alleys to open w/ restrictions. Details: buff.ly/2Et6p4T.
Great news, indeed, this ESYDA can move forward with their fall plan as we continue to follow CDC guidelines and safety Protocols.
COVID-19 Fall Protocol
- A designee will take body temperature on each field before participation
- Members must fill out TeamSnap Health Check form online prior to the start of Practice
- Each player should have a designated area for their belonging with clear 6ft distance marker
- Players must wear their mask whenever social distancing ruled is not possible
- Players must have their mask on near their person to wear when walking to or from practice
- Player/parents may choose to wear mask when participating in games/scrimmages
- Physical contact that is necessary for training may occur; whenever possible, it will be limited
- This includes limiting close group discussions, no ‘high fives’, no embracing, etc.
- No sharing of water or equipment, soccer balls are excluded.
- All soccer balls will be sanitized before the next practice/scrimmage/game
- GK’s should properly sanitize their gloves before beginning training and whenever possible and convenient throughout.
- Spectators are allowed but with proper social or physical distancing and no contact with players or teams.
- Players should not spit anywhere near the playing field
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all player before/after practice as well as whenever convenient during practice.
- At risk individuals should still take precautions.